Tuesday, October 19, 2010

MORE!!

Boot camp went down last night and my fat tushy was ready for it.  We had abs and arms on the docket for last night though, so my tubby and flappers were up to bat!

Thank the sweet lord that Joe let us work out in the garage, I probably would have started crying if we had to play outside at the park.  Seriously, I play indoor sports dude, I only want to be outside if I'm baking in the sun, or whitewashing the crap outta someone in the snow.

My upper abs are burning and my arms are pretty sore.  Sucks because I'm going to play volleyball here in a bit and I'm hoping I can still get the ball up to the net when I serve :).  Pain is just weakness leaving your body! 

I had an epiphany (yes, I know a few words with more than 2 syllables) last night.  I am LAZY!!  When I went to work out last night, I was a bit unfocused.  Life, work, I forgot to wear my helmet yesterday, you know, the normal.  I could feel myself not giving 100%, which is something I don't really associate with myself regarding anything I have truly committed myself to doing.  What I have figured out is that I really need to take the same mental approach that I have when I play sports.  When I step in that gym, all other things have to be left "off the court".  If I don't, I'm only hurting myself and the committment I made to me when I decided to get in shape.  So regardless of if I have a trainer, even one as glorious as Joe, I still have to be responsible for myself and giving my all.  He can tell me exactly what to do, how to do it, but if I choose not to do it the best I can, then that's my loss.  Damn that stupid maturity crap.  Who said it was ok to be a grown up??

So this is probably the least funny post you kids will see from me.....because I'm EXHAUSTED and I have a headache.  I think my brain is actually oooozing out of my right ear...

Anyway more to come tomorrow.  Let's see if I can get focused and DO WORK SON!!

Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment